A family-owned and operated refuse collection company meeting the Residential and Commercial refuse needs for the City of Kuna.
If you would like to place an order for services, please call Kuna City Hall at (208) 922-5546.
Information about Setting out Trash Carts
- Completely fill J&M provided trash cart, all items must be in a J&M provided trash cart.
- Make sure the trash cart handle is facing your residence.
- Please leave a space of 2-3 feet between your trash carts and recycling carts.
- When possible, leave a space of 10 feet between your trash carts and cars, trees, mail boxes, and basketball hoops. We use trucks with automated collection arms and this spacing is needed for them to function effectively.
- All trash carts must be placed with the back wheels against the edge of the curb.
- Do not fill trash carts over 300lbs.
- Lids must be closed. No overfilling.
- If you have extra trash that does not fit in the trash cart, please call J&M to schedule an extra pick up. See the 'Special Pick Up Rates' tab for more information.
Extra trash carts can be rented for $2.49 a month. If you would like to order one, please call Kuna City Hall at (208) 922-5546.
We do NOT accept: Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, and water coolers which contain ozone depleting refrigerants (CFCs / Freon) that must be removed by a certified professional. See the 'Hazardous Materials' tab for more information.
Downloadable Info Graphics (PDF)
Recycling is collected every other week.
If the decal under your cart lid is RED, set your recycling out on the RED weeks, if its YELLOW set recycling out on the YELLOW weeks.
If your regular collection day falls on or after New Years, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, or Christmas, collection will be one day later than usual.
Co-mingled recycling, also known as single-stream recycling, is a waste management approach that involves collecting multiple types of recyclable materials, such as paper, cardboard, plastic, glass, and metal, together in a single container.
- Recyclables need to be relatively clean, dry, and empty. Examples of this include a mayonnaise jar wiped clean of residue with a spatula or emptying a soda bottle completely in the sink.
- Lightly rinse the recyclable container, if necessary, to remove food particles.
- Remove non-recyclable material from the items (such as plastic cereal inserts). Plastic and metal caps do not need to be removed from the recyclables.
- Recyclables should be unrestrained when placed in your recycle container(s).
- DO NOT bag recyclable items.
- Recyclables must be out for collection the previous night or no later than 7:00 am the day of service.
- Recycling pick-up occurs on your trash day, every other week. For your collection dates see the service days calendar.
A Hazardous Waste Mobile Unit will be at Bernie Fisher Park the 3rd Wednesday in January, July, and October from 12pm-7pm. For more information, please contact J&M Sanitation.
- Automotive Products
- Brake/Transmission Fluid
- Latex or Oil-based Paints
- Wood Stains
- Paint Thinner
- Pest Controls
- Garden Chemicals
- Automotive Batteries
- Household Batteries
- Household Cleaners
- Pool/Spa Chemicals
- T.V.’s/Computer Monitors 27” or smaller
Please do NOT place any of these items in your trash cans.
We also CANNOT accept: Explosives, ammunition, radioactive materials, asbestos, biological waste, tires, appliances, or garbage at the Hazardous Waste Mobile Unit.
J&M Sanitation observes six holidays throughout the year.
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If your collection day falls before the holiday, your trash and recycling will be collected on your usual day.
If your collection day falls on or after the holiday, your garbage and recycling will be collected one day later that week.
If the holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, there will be no delays in collection.
Current Special Pick Up Rates
|Service Rendered||Charge / Rate|
|Large Item Pick Up Per Item (non-Freon items, mattress, couch, etc.)||$13.68|
Temporary 3 Yard Dumpster Rate
|Emptying (Per Time)||$52.24|
|Rental Charge (Per Day)||$ 3.66|
Call J&M Sanitation for more information about scheduling a temporary dumpster.